Frequently Asked Questions
We set out to be the absolute best in the industry. In order to accomplish this, we had to commit to doing things differently. We are glad to answer any questions you may have about the Pinnacle difference. Here are a few frequently asked questions
1. What if I have questions or concerns about my bill?
If you have any concerns about your bill, or whether or not we take your insurance, call us anytime at (817) 849-5800.
2. What if Pinnacle ER is not in my insurance network?
Texas state law requires that your insurance carrier pay for your emergency room visit and care, whether, or not the ER is “in network” or “out of network.” If you are having difficulty with your insurance company, call us for assistance. Additionally, you can get help and information from the Texas Department of Insurance.
3. Can Pinnacle ER take care of children?
Our emergency physicians are trained to treat all age groups, from neonates to elderly. In fact, compared to typical ER, our friendly atmosphere and child-specific rooms make for a less traumatizing experience for children.
4. How is Pinnacle ER different from the traditional hospital-based emergency room?
At Pinnacle ER, our experienced staff, nicer facility, and lower volumes allow us to see patients almost immediately upon arrival, give greater attention and compassion and have much better communication with your caregivers. Wait times are nearly nonexistent, and length of stay is often 1/2 as long, compared to typical ERs.
5. What if I need to be hospitalized or need additional care?
Pinnacle ER has agreements with local hospitals to facilitate quick and painless transfers to the hospital of your choice. There is no need to be seen again at the next ER – patients are transferred directly to a room on the hospital floors. We also have relationships with local physicians and specialists to help arrange follow up visits and/or procedures when outpatient treatment is more appropriate. We help navigate all the details to get you and your family to the right place at the right time.
6. Is Pinnacle ER an urgent care clinic?
We are not and the list of reasons is long. Here are only a few:
- We offer a higher level and broader range of services
- We employ only board-certified physicians
- We are open 24/7
- We offer full-service lab and imaging (CT, ultrasound, X-ray) and much, much more!
7. Does Pinnacle ER accept Medicaid, Medicare, and supplements to Medicare?
At this time, the regulatory body for Medicare & Medicaid services, CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), does not recognize freestanding emergency centers, such as Pinnacle ER; therefore CMS does not allow for Medicare or Medicaid payments, which would also include any supplements to Medicare.